🌝Academic Year 2023 Fall Semester Admission Application for Overseas Students🌝
Application Admission for (2023) Fall Semester Program of Aquatic Science and Technology, College of Hydrosphere Science
(2023) Application Requirements to Fall Semester Enrollment Quota for International Students：30
English Link: https://oia.nkust.edu.tw/news_det-313.html
Online Application System for International Students
3. 招生簡章 Application Guide for 2023 Fall Semester
Admission Information 申請時程
Fall semester application (Bachelor/Master/PhD Program) starts
January 31 -March31
Admission results announcement and online registration
Letter of Admission is mailed out
Orientation for international new students / School Opening / Enrollment
The applicants are required to submit the completed application before March 31st, 2023. Late submissions will not be considered for Fall semester 2023 admission. All of the following items should be submitted at the same time via NKUST Online Application System for International Students.
(1) One completed application form (Fill in the online application form).
(2) Certificate of Nationality (passport, alien residence certificate).
(3) Academic credentials:
A. Academic credentials from Mainland China: The regulations governing the accreditation of schools in Mainland China shall apply.
B. Academic credentials from Hong Kong or Macao: Academic credential verification and accreditation methods adopted in Hong Kong or Macao shall apply.
C. Academic credentials from other areas:
(a) Photocopied certificate of current highest-level diploma and original transcript (A copy of Chinese or English translation shall be submitted if in a language other than Chinese or English) must be authenticated by the ROC embassy, consulate office, or Taipei Economic & Culture Office of the country in which the applicant resides (Refer to Note 4).
(b) Applicants who are graduating students without the proper diploma certificates at the time of application should provide upon enrollment the official diploma certificates for verification. Applicants should provide high school diploma for undergraduate studies, bachelor’s degree diploma for graduate studies, and master’s degree diploma for doctoral studies.
(c) Once admitted, students must provide original copies of diploma certificates for review upon registration.
(d) Translation of certified copies of diploma certificates MUST be authenticated by the school from which students graduated and by the ROC embassy, consulate office, or Taipei Economic & Culture Office of the country in which the student resides.
“ROC representative offices abroad” refers to ROC embassies, consulates, representative offices, trade offices, or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of ROC.
(4) One Official Transcripts
- This must be authenticated by the school/college/university from which students graduated and by the ROC embassy, consulate office, or Taipei Economic & Culture Office of the country in which the student resides.
(5) The applicant must show documented evidence that sufficient funds to cover all tuition, fees and living expenses are available for the first year of their studies at NKUST, by one of the following means:
(a) A photocopy of scholarship award notification (scholarship award notification is certified by Taiwan government not by NKUST).
(b) An official bank statement is required should be issued in English/Chinese (dated within the last 3 months). In the case the bank statement is not issued in the name of the applicant, a signed declaration must be provided from the sponsor. In the declaration it should clearly state the sponsor’s relationship with the applicant and commitment to cover the applicant’s all expenses in Taiwan.
(7) At least one letter of Recommendation.
(8) Other materials required by specific departments/institutes.
(1) Certificate of Mandarin proficiency. (Optional)
(2) Letter of Guarantee for Visa Application to the Republic of China (If the applicant comes from the specific countries, including Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Iraq, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria and so on, please fill in the “Letter of Guarantee for Visa Application to the Republic of China.” The Guarantor must be NKUST’s professor. If you fail to hand in this document, the application packets will not be considered.) (Optional)
- *List of the specific countries: https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-36-40-0b0c6-1.html
(3) Teacher Certificate (Applicant needs to be currently employed.) (Optional)
(4) The Certificate of Nationality Renouncement of Republic of China is required for applicants who have once geld Republic of China citizenship. The dare of renouncement must be longer that 8 years prior to school start date.
* Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
International students applying for the Fall Semester of 2023 shall prepare the required documents and refer to the updated MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan posted on the website of the Ministry of Education. For more information, please visit MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan http://english.moe.gov.tw/content.asp?CuItem=7996&mp=1